- The following terms and conditions govern usage of the website wereturnit.ie and form the basis of the contract between WeReturnIt Ltd and the users of the services provided by WeReturnIt Ltd.
- The words “you” and “your” refer to the user of the services offered by WeReturnIt Ltd. “We” or “our” refers to WeReturnIt Ltd.
- By using this website and availing of the services offered by WeReturnIt Ltd, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in their entirety.
“Lost property” means property provided to WeReturnIt Ltd by one of our lost property partners. We accept this property on the basis that it was lost, mislaid, or abandoned by the rightful owner;
“Lost” means that the property has passed out of the owner’s possession unintentionally or involuntarily;
“Mislaid” means property that the owner intentionally removes from his/her custody and is later forgotten;
“Lost property partner” means an individual, a company or other organisation that finds lost property and supplies it to us for storage, disposal or retrieval by its owner. A lost property partner is the finder of the property
“Lost property request” means a request made on our website using the correct form by you for retrieval of lost property.
“Fee” means the fee incurred by you once we begin searching for your property.
WeReturnIt Ltd’s contractual obligations
- We receive property from our lost property partners, store it securely on site for 31 days and catalogue it for ease of retrieval.
- Once we receive a lost property request we will seek to match that request to our inventory of lost property.
- If we are of the opinion that we have an item that matches the description provided by you, we reserve the right to make further enquiries to confirm ownership. This may involve contacting you to confirm details of the item and/or the time and place that it was lost. We reserve the right to make any alternative inquiries as may be deemed necessary in our absolute discretion depending on the circumstances of each case.
- We reserve the right to access data on electronic equipment in our possession to confirm ownership.
- If we are satisfied that the property belongs to you we will return it within 31 days to an address nominated by you on payment of the appropriate fee.
- If the item is expensive, or a piece of electronic equipment, we will return it within 31 days via a courier on payment of the appropriate fee.
- If we suspect that there is an attempt at fraud or any other suspect activity we reserve the right not to return the lost property to you and to inform the Gardaí Síochána of our reasons and your personal details.
- We are not under any obligation to store indefinitely property that we have received. We reserve the right to dispose of unclaimed property for valuable consideration or otherwise and are under no obligation to you if your property came into our possession and we disposed of it before or after you filled out a lost property request.
- Once we receive an item we will store it for a minimum period of 31 days.
- At the expiry of this period we reserve the right to dispose of the item, including selling it on to a third party for valuable consideration. If we held your item and disposed of it in any way, we have no liability to you, either for the amount that we received for the item, the value of the item, or any other loss that you may have suffered.
- In certain cases we may dispose of an item before the expiry of the minimum period at our discretion. This may arise if, for example, the item is perishable, bulky or has no obvious economic or personal value.
- We will endeavour to delete all material from electronic devices before disposing of them but reserve the right not to do so if there are technical issues that make this impossible or excessively difficult or costly.
Your contractual obligations
- Once you make a lost property request we will seek to match your description of the lost property with property held by us. This process incurs a fee and the obligation to pay this fee arises once we begin searching for our item. We will waive this fee if we do not find your item. If we find your item then you must pay this fee before we return the item to you. The appropriate fee depends on the type of item lost. If you fail or refuse to pay this fee we reserve the right to dispose of the item to recover our costs.
- If you fail or refuse to pay this fee, you accept that you do not have a claim against us in conversion, delivery up of goods or any other specific remedy. Our refusal to return the item is not a claim of ownership on our part, nor a denial of your ownership, but merely due to your refusal to pay the contractually agreed retrieval fee.
Exclusion and liability
- The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we:
- exclude all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or our literature; and
- exclude all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised us of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
- We receive lost property from our lost property partners and cannot be held liable for anything that has happened to the property before it comes into our possession. We do not know how, and carry no responsibly to make any inquiries as to how, the property came to be in the possession of our lost property partners. It may have been lost, mislaid, hidden, abandoned or otherwise left the possession of the rightful owner.
- We are not the finders of the property.
- We cannot guarantee that your property is in our possession. We may never have received it from a lost property partner. Alternatively we may have received it and have disposed of it as per these terms and conditions, for valuable consideration or otherwise. If we received valuable consideration for disposing of lost property that you claim is yours we are under no obligation to pay you this amount, or any amount.
- We are not liable in any way if we were in possession of your property and return it to a different customer.
- We are not liable in any way for the integrity of data stored on electronic equipment in our possession, and our only liability in relation to the security of such data is that which in contained in general data protection law, especially the Data Protection Acts 1988 – 2012, and to which we cannot contract out of.
- Failure by us to insist upon strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions, or the failure by us to exercise any right or remedy to which we are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under these terms and conditions. No waiver of any of the provisions of terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both parties.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company will only on a need to know basis use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers.
- We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your email address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
- Any personal information you supply to us when using our webpage will be used in accordance with our privacy statement and these terms and conditions.
Choice of laws
- The laws of the Republic of Ireland shall govern any dispute in relation to these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will remain in effect.
Notification of changes